If you would like to go directly to GiftConnect's opt-out status options, please click here.
This Site is not directed to children and children are not eligible to use our Site. We do not intentionally gather any Personal Information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under the age of 13 submits Personal Information to Company through the Site and we learn that the Personal Information belongs to a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We get information about you in a range of ways.
Information You Give Us. We collect your email address, as well as other information you directly give us on our Site. If you provide us feedback or contact us via-email, we will collect your name and email address (collectively, “Personal Information”), as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
Information We Get From Others. We may get information about you from other sources. We may add this to information we get from this Site.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically log information about you and your computer. For example, when visiting our Site, we may log your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the website you visited before browsing to our Site, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Site.
Cookies. We may log information using "cookies." Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Site. This type of information is collected to make the Site more useful to you and to tailor the experience with us to meet your special interests and needs.
We use your Personal Information as follows:
- We use your Personal Information to operate, maintain, and improve our sites, products, and services.
- We use your Personal Information to communicate about gift cards, promotional codes or materials, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and/or our selected partners or advertisers.
- We use your Personal Information to process and deliver gift cards, promotional codes or materials, contest entries, rewards, or market research.
- We use your Personal Information to respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- We use your Personal Information to send information including confirmations, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- We use your Personal Information to provide and deliver products and services our customers request.
GiftConnect supports initiatives of greater transparency and control for users, and offers the following options for controlling the interest-based content and ads you receive.
If you do not want to receive interest-based ads displayed by GiftConnect, you can disable the display of such ads by clicking on the opt-out button below.
You are currently: Opted Out Opt In
- Opted In: GiftConnect will serve you personalized recommendation based on your history.
- Opted Out: GiftConnect will no longer serve you with personalized content recommendations based on your internet use history.
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing our content or ads, but ads you see will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. You may continue to see our Services on our Customers’ websites with content or ads chosen based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e. contextually based ads). In addition, because our tracking mechanisms operate at the device and browser level, to fully opt-out across devices, you will need to do so on each device and browser individually.
GiftConnect adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising, a program, run by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), the Digital Advertising Alliance Canada (“DAAC”) and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (“EDAA”).
- You can also opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies.
- You may use the NAI opt out tool, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI-approved member companies.
- Users in the United States, Canada, and Europe may go to the DAA consumer choice page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices, or the DAAC consumer choice page at www.youradchoices.ca/choices, or the EDAA consumer choice page at www.youronlinechoices.eu, for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by companies listed on the DAA, DAAC, or EDAA, consumer choice pages. Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA, DAAC, or EDAA consumer choice page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of targeted content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Services or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit the DAA, DAAC or EDAA consumer choice pages, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info, on the DAAC’s website at www.youradchoices.ca, and on the EDAA’s website at www.youronlinechoices.eu.
We may share Personal Information as follows:
- We may share Personal Information when we do a business deal, or negotiate a business deal, involving the sale or transfer of all or a part of our business or assets. These deals can include any merger, financing, acquisition, or bankruptcy transaction or proceeding.
We may share Personal Information for legal, protection, and safety purposes.
- We may share information to comply with laws.
- We may share information to respond to lawful requests and legal processes.
- We may share information in an emergency. This includes protecting the safety of our employees and agents, our customers, or any person.
- We may share information with those who need it to do work for us.
We may also share aggregated and/or anonymized data with others for their own uses.
If we share Personal Information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, then you have the right to receive information about the categories of entities to which we have disclosed such information and the names and addresses of those entities. To submit your written request, please send it to us at _____________ and put the following words in the subject line of the email: "California Privacy Request." Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of Personal Information that we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses such third parties, if any. Please note that the California "Shine the Light" law does not cover all categories of information that may be collected and disclosed or shared, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law. Please note that we are required to respond to one request per California user each year and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.
Our marketing emails tell you how to “opt-out”of receiving such emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-marketing emails. Non-marketing emails include emails about your accounts and our business dealings with you.
You may send requests about Personal Information to our Contact Information below. You can request to change contact choices, opt-out of our having your Personal Information shared with third parties, including Third Party Companies, and update your Personal Information.
You can typically remove and reject cookies from our Site with your browser settings. Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. If you remove or reject our cookies, it could affect how our Site works for you.
GiftConnect, Inc. 9710 Traville Gateway Drive Suite 267 Rockville, Maryland 20850